Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
An information technology (IT) professional will need to remain current in his or her field throughout his or her career. Advancing in IT dictates the need to develop new skills and knowledge if one is to attain higher and more demanding positions. Opportunities abound in every field of IT. Here are several resources that might be useful in examining options in the IT field:
One role in IT might be that of a Computer System’s Administrator. In that role, you would be required to configure, manage and troubleshoot computer systems. As a matter of fact, whether one works in an organization as an administrator or whether one just manages their own computer, understanding how to manage and troubleshoot computer systems is important for everyone in this modern age. To get a sense of what some of these tasks might entail, complete the Lab tasks as described in the instructions for the Unit 4 Lab.
Please refer to the following for information about accessing and using LabSim:
• Getting Started with LabSim
Click here for the instructions for the Unit 4 Lab tasks.
Prepare a Word document that contains 1-2 pages of information summarizing your thoughts about the following four bullets.
• How you would like to be in a position that involves performing these types of tasks?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of being in such a role?
• Specify one or two computer system administration activities that you think would be valuable to perform and explain your reasons.
• Investigate other career tracks that you might have an interest (Information/Database Management, Software Development (Programming), Network Support, Security, and Digital Investigations) and discuss reasons for your selection.
• Prepare a brief outline for your path to a career in IT, or to advance your career in IT.