Now that you have accomplished tasks that are included in the first 3 phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) and are planning the next phases, it is time to consider how you will approach the development or acquisition of the application or system that you have designed.
For this assignment, you will develop 3 proposals for your development strategy, which include outsourcing (buy), insourcing (make), or a combination of both. You will present the pros and cons of each, along with a financial analysis. Finally, you will make a recommendation on which is the best proposal or strategy.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Update the System Requirements, Design, and Implementation Specification title page with the new date.
- Update the previously completed sections based on the instructor’s feedback.
- Development Strategy
- Develop a proposal for each of these approaches: insourcing, outsourcing, and a combination of the two.
- Present the pros and cons or benefit analysis for each of the 3 proposals.
- Perform a financial analysis of the total costs for each proposal that includes ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend 1 of these proposals and your reason for selection of that proposal.
- Remember that this document should contain all of the sections from Weeks 1–4.