For this assignment, you will write a five- to six-page paper on intellectual disabilities, including information from at least three peer-reviewed articles and the class text.
The paper must:
- Explain basic facts pertaining to the disability, including the legal definition, characteristics, and limitations in intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior.
- Analyze ways to address the needs of students within this disability category (strategies, accommodations, modifications, assistive technology).
- Analyze supplementary aids and services and/or related services that may be included in the individualized education program (IEP).
- Evaluate community resources, services, or agencies available for students and families for the selected disability category.
- Outline transition planning considerations for students with intellectual disabilities.
- Synthesize the literature and research to create inclusion tips to foster the least restrictive environment (LRE) for the student.
In addition, the paper:
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment