Impact of Medicare on Its Recipients
Medicare has been in existence since 1965, and during the intervening years, its original design has been greatly modified. The recipients of Medicare may have stayed basically the same, but the delivery, types of services, control, and regulations have changed significantly and continue to change.
For your Dropbox Assignment, choose two articles related to Medicare from the list below utilizing the resources from the South University Online Library journal databases (for example, Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) and the Internet).
· Kaiser Family Foundation. (2011). Restructuring Medicare’s beneficiary design: Implications for beneficiaries and spending. Retrieved from
· Kaiser Family Foundation. (2012). Medicare’s role for dual-eligible beneficiaries. Retrieved from http://www.kff.org/medicare/
· Guterman, S., Davis, K., Schoenbaum, S., & Shih, A. (2009). Using
Medicare payment policy to transform the health system: A
framework for improving performance. Health Affairs, 28, 238–250.
· Marmor, T. (2007). Medicare’s politics. Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, 32(2), 307–315.
· Oberlander, J. (2007). Through the looking glass: The politics of The Medicare
· Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act. Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, 32(2), 187–219.
· Zarabozo, C., & Harrison, S. (2009). Payment policy and the growth of
Medicare advantage. Health Affairs, 28(1), 55–67.
In a Microsoft Word document, create a 2- to 3-page report on the analysis of the selected topics.
Your report should also include answers to the following:
· Identify one or two main points from each selected article.
· Explain in detail the issues presented in the articles and their impact on the recipients of Medicare.
· Explain in detail the issues presented in the articles and their impact on the providers to Medicare recipients.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.