After school programs are becoming more and more popular, and it’s no wonder: these programs can be a true godsend for the millions of American families without a parent or relative available to pick up a child from school in the middle of the afternoon, but are these programs good places for
As a parent, your first concern regarding any after-school program is safety.
– Are the students safe and well-supervised?
– Are the staff members fingerprinted, their backgrounds checked and cleared before hiring?
– Is there a procedure for parents picking up their children?
– Are all of the site entrances locked and/or guarded?
– What happens if a child gets hurt or sick?
– Is an adult front and center to make certain that safety rules and procedures are followed?
Once those questions have been answered, it’s time to see how the after-school program handles
Not All After School Programs Are the Same
There are different types of after-school programs, and each type will have its own
If the program seems to
If the after school
When trying to decide if your child should