Image of the Challenger Shuttle explosion
• Brief description of the contents of your paper.
1.1.1 Disaster X: What happened?
• Describe the events of the disaster and the events leading up to it. You do not need to include any in-depth discussion of causes.
o Basically, just give a very brief play-by-play of what happened.
1.1.2 The technology/engineering involved (use a more descriptive heading for your particular topic)
• Describe the technology involved
o Describe its manufacture, if relevant
o Describe the testing procedures, if relevant
Figure 1.1 Figure 1.1 Image of the Challenger Shuttle explosion (http://images.jsc.nasa.gov, 2009.
2. The Investigation of Disaster X
2.1 The Investigation
Describe how the accident was investigated
• Who did the investigating?
• How did they determine what happened?
E.g. A Board of Inquiry was commissioned to investigate the crash. They reviewed cockpit-ground control transcripts, reviewed the data from the black box, examined the crash site, reconstructed the airplane, tested a number of parts and materials from the original plane and a second identical intact plane, and created computer simulations of the accident.
• What caused the accident?
• Who was at fault?
• What recommendations were made by the inquiry in terms of:
o Consequences for those at fault.
o New policies for the organization
o Consequences for the technology
? Did they recommend it be redesigned or terminated
? Did they recommend new testing procedures
3. Impact on Engineering Practices
• What was learned?
o Was the technology redesigned or terminated?
o How was it redesigned?
• What is being done differently now?
o Were new standards developed?
o Was new legislation proposed or passed?
• Briefly restate the thesis:
o specific engineering practices were changed due the events of the disaster
o technology x was redesigned due the events of the disaster
• This should appear on its own separate page after your conclusion.
• It is not likely that you will have an appendix, since most of your material should fit in the text of the document.
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU