Create a Management Organizational Chart for your hotel. You must use the SmartArt graphics in Word to create this chart in your document.
For each position, write a bulleted list of the skills required for the job and the responsibilities of the job. You will need to do some internet research for this!
Assume that after your management staffing was done, but afterwards your management company determined that you needed to eliminate one management position.
- Which position would you eliminate
- Why that position?
- How would you cover the responsibilities of that manager
Note: When using the Excel spreadsheet for parts of your assignment, you will need to insert the relevant parts of the spreadsheet into your Word document by copy/paste function.
FORMAT Requirements (for ALL Sections of the Team Project)
Your paper must meet the following requirements. These are designed to allow you to submit a professional quality paper.
- Each paper must have a title page (sample below).
- Margins must be 1.5 inches on the top and bottom and 1 inch on each side.
- Each page must be numbered at the bottom of the page, centered, in the footer section of the page (Use Word Footer functionality). The Title Page is not numbered.
- Paper must be double spaced, with each paragraph beginning indented.
- There must be no spelling and no grammatical errors.
- The tone of the paper must be professional.
- Each paper must be submitted through Turnitin using the Turnitin link in the course as instructed by your professor.
- When using the Excel spreadsheet for parts of your assignment, you will need to insert the relevant parts of the spreadsheet into your Word document by copy/paste function.
Each section of your paper must be logically organized, based on the assigned items. It should be easy to read, and move sequentially through the content you are presenting. The “why” of your decisions is as important as the “what”. You must be able to describe and defend the reason/thought process you used to arrive at your decision.
There is not necessarily a “right answer” to many of these points. Your performance on the paper will be based not so much on what you chose, but WHY you chose it. Was your choice logical and based on the facts available? Was your choice based on creating a competitive advantage?
For example, if you are presenting the location of your hotel. Why did you locate your hotel there? What are the advantages to this location and what will you do to maximize these? Are there any disadvantages and if so, what could you do to minimize them. It is important that you use any information that has been presented in the class to date, along with your knowledge.
Under no circumstances are you to use the term “as stated before” or “as stated above”, and then repeat what you said earlier. This is both annoying an unprofessional.
Use professional terms, not slang. Assume you are writing this note to your investors or to your boss.