Fill up on veggies and keep your taste buds happy with fruit. I have found that it is worth shopping for produce with careful attention to quality more than price.We are much more likely to select fruits and vegetables when hungry if the taste and texture speaks loudly of quality. We have very strong tendencies to run from fear towards pleasure, especially through times or seasons that are stressful. When willpower seems like a huge giant to overcome to achieve our goals with weight loss, this giant diminishes in stature when foods that are tasty and yet nutritious are readily available.
No need to make sacrifices, as we cultivate high-quality produce into our diets our taste buds begin to tell us that this is a good thing. By adopting these simple guideposts to reduce your initial 10 pounds, a goal is attained. Another 10 pounds (if that is our desire) can then constitute another goal, rather than looking at a large project all at once. This now becomes a well-balanced and adaptable program that you are able to apply for as long as you desire.
1. Maintain a note of everything that you consume and drink. You don’t need to calculate calories. Merely keep track of what it was that you consumed and the approximate quantity. You will discover that being more mindful of what you are consuming assists you to design nutritious meals and snacks. Also by keeping records, progress can be more easily grasped and measured, keeping hope alive and well, moving us in the direction of our choice.
2. Halve your consumption of all pure or supplemental fats. This entails utilizing one-half as much butter or spread on your bread, toast, muffins and potatoes; one-half the accustomed measure of mayonnaise or sauce on your salad; and one-half the oil in the frying pan every time.
3. Restrict treats integrating sugar intake to three times per week. This includes chocolate, ice cream, desserts, cake, pastries, cookies, etc.
4. Include a lower fat source of protein at most meals: chicken, fish, beans, cottage cheese, or low fat yogurt. Consume eggs, nuts and red meat from time to time but not daily.
5. Plan at the least one lunch and dinner each week without meat or cheese. Construct those meals around whole grains, veggies and beans to increase fiber and reduce fat.
6. Reduce the fat content in your milk products. If you are presently consuming whole milk, reduce to 2% fat. From 2% reduce to 1%. Select lower fat cheese and yogurt. When you buy yogurt, also ensure that it does not incorporate sugar.
7. Consume at the least two portions of fruit each day. This could be for dessert or snacks. Select fruit that is in season.
8. Drink water rather than sodas, juices, milky drinks or alcoholic beverage. Avoid diet soda – the sweet taste only encourages you to crave sugar. Hot water with a slice of lemon can be very invigorating in the morning.
9. Admit at the least two portions of vegetables at lunch and dinner. If you are becoming famished, consume more.
10. Eat slowly. The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to consume a too much if you are hastening through your meals.
11. Grated carrot constitutes a great snack. You will determine that a grated carrot is a good deal more satiating than an entire carrot. Strange but true.
12. Employ whole grains wherever feasible. The fiber will give you a fuller feeling and also assist your digestion.
13. Select food that you are able to chew. Once again this will increase your fiber consumption, and the act of chewing will make you feel more satisfied too. This entails consuming fruit rather than consuming juice. If you ingest soup, make certain it is chunky.
14. Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. Plan your shopping as well – construct a list of what you require and hold fast to it. If you merely take hold of something when you are feeling hungry, you will in all likelihood select high calorie food.
15. Always turn off the television when you eat. That includes snacks as well as meals. Studies have demonstrated that we consume greater portions in front of the television, in all probability because we are much less conscious of what we are consuming. When you eat, only eat if you want to lose weight fast.