Topic Name:- Roman Culture and Stoicism
This assignment is an analytical paper on ancient Roman philosophy of stoicism.
Topic: Discuss and analyze how the philosophy of Stoicism and the teachings of Marcus Aurelius reflect the culture of ancient Roman world and how they can be applied to your life.
Reflect on the principles of Stoicism and give specific examples from YOUR LIFE on how you could benefit from aspects of Stoicism.
Use the sources below as a starting point:
This paper must be a minimum of 750 words, and in essay form using several paragraphs.
– Students should incorporate recent MLA guidelines for format and citation.
– The paper requires a minimum of two scholarly sources
– Essays should demonstrate a synthesis of argument/claim and source materials.
– A maximum of two quotes are allowed. Otherwise, use paraphrases to incorporate source material into your paper. Do not use long block quotes. Quotes should be one or two sentences only.
– You must include at least two outside scholarly research sources in this paper.
Scholarly Sources: For your analysis, you must use scholarly sources from legitimate academic journals. A journal is a magazine for scholars. They produce articles on a number of topics. You can use the JSTOR database
Analysis papers must utilize no fewer than 2 scholarly secondary sources (all of which should come from library databases or reliable book sources
Formatting: The paper should be 750 words or more, double-spaced, and in Arial or similar font size 11 or 12. Use MLA format for your works cited list.
Insights and Understanding
Demonstrates a clear understanding of the complexity of the underlying cultural issues of the topic.(25pts)
Appropriate use of source material and/or citations
Citations are mandatory after any quoted material and must be used after paraphrased or summarized material taken from an external source. Citations are formatted using MLA style. (20pts)
Essay is clear and develops the ideas required by the assignment. (20pts)
Organization, Grammar, Mechanics, and Spelling
Writing is logical and effective. Flawless spelling and punctuation.(10pts)
Length of essay
750 Words Minimum Required (10pts)