Listen to 3 speeches submitted by your peers.
Write a 300-400-word response to each speech. Include all three responses in one word file and submit.
The thesis statement of your response must be a claim about the overall quality of the speech. This may include, but is not limited to: your overall appraisal of the speech, clarity of the speakers argument, quality of the support, and how well the speaker dealt with potential rebuttals, etc.
In developing your response, considering the following questions:
– What particular topic(s) did the speaker discuss?
– What can you say about the quality of the arguments presented in the speech?
– Did you have a position on the issue before you attended the event? What was it?
– Has your position been changed (either altered or reinforced) in any way after you heard the speech?
– What aspect of the speech changed your position on the issue?