Topic: Any U.S. government issue (State issue is better than Federal) MUST be DEBATABLE. For example: same-sex marriage law in California.
Paper must include:
– historical background of the issue; how it (&laws in its’ regard) changed over time.
– MUST HAVE CONSTITUTIONAL EVIDENCE/DISCUSSION (use it as a source and cite it) supporting your position (e.g. Amendments/ articles of confederation etc.)
– scholarly + topical sources (no minimum)
– give your hypothesis & include counterarguments
- Describe a situation: Briefly, in a paragraph or two introduce your topic.
- Pose a research question: One that lends itself to debate
- Hypothesis: This is your thesis statement or, hypothetical question answer
- Background: Go into more detail here on your topic and relevant considerations
- Pro-Con Debate: Over the thesis statement
- Conclusion: Weighing the pros against the cons