Creative essay shows the creative thinking and expressive skills of the student. This type of writing falls into two main categories. First is creative fiction. The other category is creative nonfiction. Writing fiction essay, prose and other works requires creativity. Usually all fiction can be considered as creative writing, since they are based on the writer’s imaginative skills. Creative non fiction work is among the most widely read and enjoyed in literacy field. Many eminent writers have found ardent readership by unleashing their creative imagination and expressing these imaginative thoughts in creative ways. In high school and even while in college, students will face essay assignments that are meant to test the students to develop their creative writing skills. Some of the common types of essays that call for creative input are the personal essays, memoirs, narrative essays, biographies and short stories.
Creative essays have many uses apart from testing the writing skills of the students. According to the purpose for which they are used, they can be from any of these categories.
• Personal essay is the mostly used creative essay type. They are creative nonfiction essays. Learning to write these essays are very useful as the students have to write personal essays when applying to college, grad school and for the jobs. While tapping on to reality and factual data, this essay needs to be written in non-restricted and imaginative fashion that can gain the attention of the reader.
• Memoirs also fall within nonfiction genre and are used for telling some personal experience. Actually any life experience essay is can be a creative essay.
• Travel writing is another area where creative essays are extensively used. By combining the descriptive and narrative style writing together, this type of essays paint vivid pictures in the minds of the reader.
Finding a good idea and a topic for writing a creative essay also requires creativity from the student’s part. Brainstorming is the best method for you to come up with such ideas. Apply the techniques of free thinking so that you can come up with exciting and unique ideas that intrigue the reader. Here are few ideas that are meant to inspire the students and triggering their creative talents.
• I was a seat in a bus for a day. 126 people sat on me.
• I am 17 years old and here are the thorns in the path I have trodden
• I was curious and became a boy
• I crossed the Arctic Circle to see the midnight sun
• An evening with a ghost
• Possibility of destroying the earth by creation of tiny black holes
• Have you ever taken a ride in the rainbow?
High school students planning to pursue a college education are required to write their college application essays or personal statements when applying to enter the colleges. These essays are expected to show the creativity of the students while showing their true character, world outlook or the ambitions. Most of the essay assignments sharpen the language and writing skills, but students get stuck when it comes to write this vital piece of writing. Most students in fact find that writing fact base essays is much easier than writing these essays. However, students need to develop a wide portfolio of writing skills that include both fiction and non-fiction writing. Even if, the students do not get adequate training in the class, they can find sample creative essays to read and gain an idea of how these writers have utilized their creative skills.
Learning to write creative essays will bring in many benefits. If students are keen in getting essay assistance for learning or getting a sample creative essay, they can contact a good writing company. A good essay writing company can provide students with sample essays, custom essays and editing services that can provide insights as to how professional writers would attend to your creative writing assignment.