Unit VIII Research Paper
As discussed in this unit, emergency managers will face local and global challenges in the future. Imagine that you are the emergency manager for your community, and part of your job is to help prepare your community for such challenges.
For this assignment, you will choose the natural disaster to which your community is the most prone, and you will compose a research paper consisting of the following elements:
• Include an introduction.
• Include information about the natural disaster you have chosen, including information about the local and global challenges that this disaster can cause for emergency managers.
• Include an analysis of the risks associated with the selected disaster within the community.
• List your community’s historical background for the disaster you have chosen. Include demographics and geographic region information for your community.
• List a description of a risk-reduction plan for emergency management within your community, which will consist of the following points:
o key issues for beginning the risk reduction plan;
o key stakeholders involved in the plan;
o types of communications and communication systems involved in the plan;
o multi-jurisdictional response initiatives;
o training and exercises;
o and description of how your plan will be maintained in your community,
o including the maintaining of stakeholder buy-in and funding.
• Include a reference section consisting of at least three sources, one of which can be your textbook.
***Community – Savannah, Georgia. Georgia regularly faces many types of natural disasters including hurricanes, tornadoes, severe storms, wildfires and floods. The most common type of natural disasters in Georgia are thunderstorms.
Your paper should follow APA guidelines for formatting of all resources, both in-text and as references. Your paper should be at least four pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
Thinking about the information that we covered during this course, what are some of the tools that you have acquired in this course that can be applicable to mitigation and preparedness practices within your community? Do you believe that this course can help you make a positive social change for addressing disaster and emergency issues that may arise within your community?
Your journal entry must be at least 200 words. No references or citations are necessary.
Need original and unplagiarized work, please do not accept if cannot return quality work. Please read assignment fully
Week VIII study guide is attached for guidance.
. WITH nursing writers TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post what are some of the tools that you have acquired in this course that can be applicable to mitigation and preparedness practices within your community? appeared first on nursing writers .
The post what are some of the tools that you have acquired in this course that can be applicable to mitigation and preparedness practices within your community? appeared first on nursing writers.